Sunday, October 4, 2009

parlor chair

I wish I actually had a chair like this!

This is the final image from my portfolio. I'm getting ready to put a line of wall art on my etsy shop, so when I put those up you can see some of the rest of my portfolio, but for now... it's a secret!

I've realized that vintage stuff really inspires me, and not just because it's cool and funky and becoming trendy with the whole green movement. I like it because vintage pieces, for the most part, are painstakingly made my hand and crafted for quality. Prior to the days of mass manufacturing, craftsmen and artists made everything. Sure, there are some cool things in I*KEA, but I'd take one finely-crafted vintage chair over an entire room of "some assembly required" composite furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment