Friday, October 16, 2009

caramel apples

A yummy way to welcome Fall!

The other day, I was in a lovely little market where they were selling caramel apples... for $13.50 a piece! Now, I love apples, and I love caramel, but I'm not about to pay that much for something I can make at home for one tenth of the price. So I didn't. I went home and made my own.

I made four scrumptious flavors: caramel, peanut butter caramel, chocolate peanut butter caramel and caramel gingersnap. Although it was a messy endeavor, it cost less to make ten of my own than to buy one from that market! I've given them as gifts, shared with coworkers and eaten quite a few myself. (Now my pants feel a little snug... so maybe it's time for a crisp walk in the Autumn leaves!)

Next up on my Fall festivities... pumpkin carving!

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you think and write and share, Bex. You're a breath of fresh air!

    love, Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might have to show me how you made these... mine don't look quite as good!

    ReplyDelete