Tuesday, August 25, 2009

tea time

My little acorn tea steeper... love it!

When I was growing up, my mom and I had tea time nearly every day at 4 pm sharp. I secretly believe this was her way of combating the tomboyish qualities I was developing, but it was still a nice reprieve from the backyard mud fights with the neighborhood boys.

My grandmother always used to tell her too much tea would stunt my growth... but at 5'10" I highly doubt that. Unless I was destined to be 6'7", in which case I'm quite thankful for the tea. :)

Although I don't have tea time every day at 4 pm, and not even every day, I do still love a good cup now and then. I got this little acorn tea steeper for free at a yard sale... though I was more than willing to pay the 10 cent asking price.

It's funny how the small things, like a cup of tea and a little steeper, can bring back such fond memories and put a smile on my face. Ah, simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment