Friday, August 14, 2009

new print: lotus bloom

Meet the newest addition to ennaneve!

My friend Jillian recently got certified to teach yoga and inspired me to create these lotus bloom cards. I'm quite pleased with the way they turned out, especially since I hadn't done any previous flowers.

I was a little hesitant to create a flower because they can be so intricate, and ennaneve's designs are created to be simple. As you can see from my work, I prefer not to over-manipulate my block prints, instead letting the natural variations in the ink shine through. I think this adds to the unique nature of each piece, as well as making my designs feel a little more light and free. One of the main reasons I like this new design so much is that it retains the essence of simplicity even amid its numerous petals.

Thank you, Jillian, for being my yogi muse!

No comments:

Post a Comment