Sunday, August 30, 2009

my favorite poem

Stream of Life - found in Gitanjali by Rabindranath Tagore

- - - - -

The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day

runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures.

It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth

in numberless blades of grass

and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers.

It is the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth

and of death, in ebb and in flow.

I feel my limbs are made glorious by the touch of this world of life.

And my pride is from the life-throb of ages dancing in my blood this moment.

All things rush on, they stop not, they look not behind,

no power can hold them back, they rush on,

keeping steps with that restless, rapid music,

seasons come dancing and pass away,

colours, tunes and perfumes pour in endless cascades

in the abounding joy that scatters and gives up and dies every moment.

Image was created by Yours Truly, using recycled images from little tree press.

No comments:

Post a Comment