Wednesday, July 1, 2009

old friend



I live in a very tiny studio apartment which I take great care to make into a home. I love to refurbish furniture and repurpose finds from thrift stores to make it an eclectic, relaxing, creative space.

One old friend has been with me through the years, and no amount of thrift store finds or decorating trends could get me to part with it. I'm speaking of my 1932 Underwood Portable Typewriter.

My mom, who is consequently also a written word enthusiast, gave it to me when I was about 8 years old. I used to sit at it for hours and write page upon page of screen plays, tickets, announcements and letters... it was the tool that helped me translate my imagination into reality.

Today I use my Underwood daily. I use it to write invoices for my etsy shop, add a quirky touch to letters, or simply let my imagination play. I highly recommend this model to anyone in the market for an amazing lifelong companion.

Or I guess a puppy would be good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment