Tuesday, July 21, 2009

the creative process


There's no formula for creativity. At least, none that I know of. My new ideas, designs, colors, prints and patterns just sort of ebb and flow naturally.

I will say that deadlines don't help the creative process at all... the pleasure I take in what I do is somewhat diminished by a ticking clock and high expectations.

If I feel like carving a new print, I do. If I don't, I don't.

I love how creativity has to come to you. It's a gift. You can't force it, coerce it or bribe it. When you least expect it, it sneaks up and slips into your pocket, and when you reach for your pencil... there it is.

No matter your income, social status, race, gender, age or religion... creativity is completely unbiased. Those who have it, can't help but show it. Even if they don't want to, it springs into everything they do.

There is always enough for everyone.

Do something creative today. Even if it's simply letting your mind play.

No comments:

Post a Comment