Friday, September 4, 2009

vintage find

Love the intricate details in this vintage piece!

Today I was out running errands and couldn't resist stopping in my favorite vintage shop in Charlotte. The Treasure House is run by a timelessly chic and eccentric woman who has always piqued my interest. She's gorgeous, probably in her early sixties, and looks like she belongs in a poster advertising Pall Mall's in Miami circa 1950.

Aside from the lovely owner, this shop is unique in Charlotte in that it actually has really cool vintage stuff and it's not terribly overpriced. The historic two-story brick home is full floor to ceiling with all manner of dishes, tablecloths, furniture, jewelry, books and so much more.

I found this gorgeous white beaded necklace and absolutely love it! I didn't have enough time to peek around all the nooks and crannies like I usually do, but if you're in Charlotte and have a little free time, this place is truly a gem.

Treasure House
Buy - Sell - Consignment - Estates
5300 Monroe Road
Charlotte, NC 28205
704-532-1613

Open Tues-Fri 10-5 and Sat 10-4

No comments:

Post a Comment