Sunday, January 31, 2010

ode to edamame

Oh soybeans, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
- - -

Oh edamame- you fun tasty snack
You're always near by when the munchies attack
You're chock-full o' fiber and omega 3's
And for meat-heads your protein is sure to appease!

You're not pronounced how you're spelled
(it's  /ěd'ə-mä'mā/)
But still most people say
Edamayme, edam or eda-bombay.

That first one is common,
an understandable mistake
it's a Japanese word
so we'll cut Anglos a break

The second one's a cheese
that's always made backward
how they confuse it with you
is quite frankly absurd

I don't know about that last one
but I've heard it, it's true
they must love the letter B
and add it, superfluously, to you

All tongue-twisters aside
you're a great way to munch
be it snack-time or dinner
or breakfast or lunch

I'll keep you close at hand
when my tastebuds want to play
or when a friend comes to visit
and asks for eda-bombay.

No comments:

Post a Comment