My mom used to make these for us every Fall, and I absolutely loved them! She would shape them into little pumpkins and let us decorate them with frosting, M&Ms and chocolate chips to create our own personal Jack-O-Lanterns. I left off the frosting this year to cut back on excess sugar, but the cookies are just as delicious! Enjoy!Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 cup oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup butter (or margarine)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two cookie sheets.
- Mix together the flour, oats, baking soda and cinnamon and set aside.
- Next, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar with a mixer.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue to mix well.
- Alternately add one cup of the flour mixture and one cup of the canned pumpkin until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Use 1/4 cup per cookie and shape into little pumpkins (optional).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until they no longer look wet.